Website Development / Database Management
Long Island Essential Software & Training currently has a part-time position open in Melville, NY to assist with technical projects. This small business specializes in Website Development, Contact Management, Database Development, and Software Training. The position will allow flexibility while working on-site as well as telecommuting. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated individual looking to advance their technical skills.
Job responsibilities will be in-line with the applicant’s education, project exposure, and work experience.
Website Design Project
Candidate will be expected to have the skills to do the following:
- Analyze Customer needs
- Brain storm on the direction to take with the client website project
- Find royalty-free images to use on website that support the vision and direction of the project
- Design and layout ideas for website projects per client vision and current branding
- Create or modify websites if candidate has that skillset.
- Integrate images, video, and/or audio to websites
- Brainstorm list of words and phrases for Search Engine Optimization of client websites.
- Add SEO to website if candidate has that skillset.
Candidate will be expected to do the following:
- Work with others to layout specifications for client project
- Determine design and layout of tables, Forms, & Reports
- Create queries if candidate has the skillset
- Design database elements to reflect client branding
- Installation of database if being used in conjunction with a website.
Software Training Projects
- Analyze client needs to determine appropriate training
- Layout specific topics that are needed in the course according with the specifications
- Research topic elements as needed
- Technical writing – writing step by step instructions for student guides
- Create relevant examples that go with the training materials.
- Candidate with a background in Computer Science, website development, or graphic design.
- Able to work 5-10 hours per week (flexible)
Knowledge of at least two of the following is required
- Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Attention to detail is extremely important
- Must be able to work with others as well as working on their own.
- Must be trainable
- Salary to be determined per education and/or experience
Bases on experience and track record.
How to Apply:
Send resume, and cover letter to Joy Graceffo, President, at Joy_Graceffo@liesoftware.com